[img][IMG]http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s188/mudhen33/Birchpond_zpsydzc0uvp.jpg[/img][/img]

Here is a picture of my 3.5ac leaking pond. I am pretty certain that the leak is where you see a small channel going to a hole of water near the dam in the right center. There is a concave area in the back of the dam at the same place which also indicates to me a possible seepage. No really wet places below the dam and it takes all summer to get down to the level you see so it is a slow seepage. The pond is close to full right now but in the 4 years I have owned the ground it has never topped the spillway. Gets to a certain point and by summer drops down to what you see. This is reclaimed mine land about 40 years old. Quite a bit of clay but the dam was probably just whatever soil was pushed up. I doubt there is a core. I'm thinking of trying to spot treat the hole and the channel leading to it and the soil around that area. From what I have read here I will probably try the Soilfloc product first. Any thoughts or suggestions?

There, I put it in your post. Use the edit button, and see how your photo adding technique differs from mine. I always click on "insert a non-floating image" after I click on the "insert an image" tab.

Last edited by esshup; 04/01/16 04:13 PM.