I didn't plan to catch any LMB this year. But it is exactly 1 year after stocking and two LMB went out the overflow and were rescued downstream. So here is a rundown.

Stocked as 2-3" LMB. Avg wt was 0.17oz as measured in a lot of 10. The pond had a full year growth of both FHM and GSH. Forage was abundant. I fed pellets in small amounts (1-3 sec on feeder). Some was 36%, some was 45% feed.

One year later: Generally, the LMB are now 9-12" from what I see in the water 10-20' away. They will eat some pellets, but prefer ambushing others drawn to feeding time. Two LMB found downstream. A 9" and 11". Photos of the 11" are below. According to data I've seen, an IN LMB should be 9.4-11.4" (N vs S) in year 3. Given that it was already 3" last March, it is more than 1 yr old, but not lots over. So length growth would seem good. I weighed it at 13.0 oz, so 0.81 lb. Data for LMB indicates an 11" should be 0.68 lb so perhaps 120% RW. It doesn't look ready to spawn, but water is still cold. I hope to get an LMB spawn this year. Apologies for blurry photo of the vent, I was doing this after dark under a headlamp. Saw no excretions but didn't squeeze any more than necessary. Some may opine on gender, I'm not smart enough, even after reading the linked article.

I also found a dark 6" BG and a couple 1" late-spawn BG that over-wintered. All are back in the pond to carry on. BG spawned the last 6 weeks of last summer. I was pleased they made it to 5-6" and spawned in year 1. BG started at 1-3" fish in March also.

Any thoughts?