I am with Cecil on this. On fish that both sexes look similar, there is no way that I would say this one is male or female by looking at external characteristics alone.

I will be stocking 200 female LMB in a clients pond this late spring/early summer. It is an interesting project, as we are flying against the current thoughts of NOT stocking BG in a Northern pond a year before LMB are stocked..... FHM, GSH, BG, RES and YP were stocked in this pond last spring.

This will be managed as a trophy bass pond, and there will be plenty of food available for the LMB, in both live and pelleted form.

This pond is situated such that there is no surface water that can get to the pond that would have any fish in it. The overflow is designed so that it would take a biblical flood to have downstream water high enough so that fish could enter the pond that way. There is always a chance of a bucket stock, but that is 99.99999% impossible due to it's location.

So, I have to be 110% sure on the sex of the LMB. All the fish that were stocked have been hand sorted to ensure that no species were stocked that weren't supposed to be stocked, and the pond was sterilized before the first fish hit the water.

There is a kids fishing pond that is "upstream" of this one, but the only fish in that one that are different from the main pond are HBG and HSB.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).