Originally Posted By: DonoBBD
Originally Posted By: canyoncreek
Weather hit a cool down, fronts coming through this week, wind, rain, cool temps day and night. Still no ribbons in Michigan.

The fish are becoming more active though. I'm seeing more GSH coming to the traps. It is great to see that I have a range of GSH from 4-6" now. I was thinking of restocking but if there are a handful of 5-6" shiners in the pond now then they are safe from predation with perch being the top current predator. Hopefully they will spawn again this year and I won't need to restock.

Catching zero FHM in the traps, probably should put a few more thousand of those in.

After two years our FHM are all but gone. I would not put any more in my pond because they can't keep up to the perch. The shiners are much faster and populate well.

Cheers Don.

If you had exclusively pellet trained female only perch and a place for the fatheads to hide I believe your fatheads would last. I had that situation in the past and had thousands of mostly unmolested fatheads.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 03/23/16 09:04 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.