Originally Posted By: basslover
Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
Really awesome BL - I love the addition of the YP and SMB. Keep pressure on the LMB and hope your YP and SMB fishery flourishes. Amazing looking pond and great photos. Congrats and welcome to the SMB club!

Thank you! If NE wasn't so far away some of your smallies would be challenging my LMB right now, too! lol

I've seen a few of the smallies posting up near structure and swimming about. So far so good. Head count is now twice as many smallies as LMB.

Keep pressure on the LMB and your SMB and YP have a chance to make it. Remember the article on drawdown to limit LMB reproduction when they are on beds? It enabled SMB to remain dominant species in a fishery...very unique situation. Something to consider when you get LMB on beds, draw down 3-4' to help manage LMB population long term. Definitely something I'd do if I had both species present. Let us know what you end up doing and keep the photos coming.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]