Don't forget your swimming/fishing dock that is our far enough to dive from and fish from. Preferably end it in 7+ feet of deep water and no rocks at the end. Make it wide enough so that a bench may be added for sitting. Do this ASAP before it fills, or it becomes a MUCH larger and difficult task.

When your kiddos get older, playing on the beach will be old hat. It will suddenly become jumping, running, and pulling/pushing in friends. More often than not when the kids gets older, wading in at the beach will be too slow, and possess mushy properties which are not pleasant since any sand you add will be long gone by then. You want the bench on the end to play lifeguard when you get tired of getting pulled under and getting water crammed in your eyes by silly splash wars.

I wish my dock was wide enough for a bench, but I made it narrow since the pond is only 1/2 acre. I wanted to maintain the illusion the pond was larger by scaling other things smaller, but that was a silly mistake.

Also if you can, provide some extra features on the dock for rescue equipment, rafts, small boat hookups, and under the bench a spot for storing life-preservers. My rule is any guest kids out swimming MUST wear a life preserver. My training as a life guard is a tad outdated. I worry a lot less when they cannot sink.