I have not given an update recently so here goes...

I watched the feeder go off yesterday...I saw the two big CG sucking down fish pellets like crazy and too many koi as well. I have removed 15 koi so far but I need to remove another 5 or so for sure. The CG seem to have gotten less spooky and are aggressively feeding right now. I have a couple snag hooks, I'm going to try that.

I saw some GSH around the feeder so some made it though the winter with out getting eaten. I placed some artificial plastic plants in the pond to assist with recruitment, Hopefully it helps.

I saw some smaller CNBG around the feeder but not too many, I know they are breeding but I never see too many YOY at any given time. I think they are getting eaten. In fact I saw a SNOOK come up and target one, I could not tell if he actually got it as it swam back out to deeper water.

Male tilapia have visible nest around the shallows already too.
As prolific as tilapia can be I don't see lots of YOY or babies for that matter. I does not seem that the adult population of growing out of control either. I think the predators really target them over the CNBG due to body shape. It is pretty hard to tell how many adults I actually have though I only see them at feeding time but it does not seem like to pond is over populated with them.

I took a little video

Last edited by BobbyRice; 03/17/16 12:00 PM.

Goofing off is a slang term for engaging in recreation or an idle pastime while obligations of work or society are neglected........... Wikipedia