More pictures from tonight. Many, MANY! thank to you who helped me out here. I now can feel much more confident keeping the desirables and removing the others. The dorsal fin really helps in the identity and I was very excited to find an example of a GSH in the trap too which really helped me compare similar size and similar colored fish tonight and separate them accurately.

Goldfish:

The shiny golden color on these used to throw me but now I can see the longer dorsal fin and can see the little pigmented dots going pretty much in a straight line on the scales where the lateral line might be. These dots, (I found out that even in the young ones I can pick out those tiny brown dots) equals a specific kind of carp, (crucian carp?). (you can see the dots better in the pictures in the first post)

Goldfish

Goldfish

These smaller fish have such golden scales that make them look like GSH but when I pulled up the fin I could see it was a small drab goldfish.

GSH!!! The small triangular fin helps with ID!

Then we also had fun with the kids stocking the Gammarus sp. scuds. I'm going to send a few with the kids to school to put in the aquarium and we'll see if they survive.