PW, the true experts will be along soon. I'm far from that, but do have a few thoughts.

First, is your pond water very alkaline with a high pH, or low alkaline with low pH? The issue with excess fertility from feeding could be serious with the former, but not likely latter. My own new pine country pond has a relatively low alkalinity & pH so excess nutrients aren't much of an issue.

Second, could it be you've had a huge hatch of bugs or minnows that satisfy the appetites of your fish, at least temporarily? Sometimes fish get locked in on a particular food and ignore others for a while.

Third, 30 percent protein sounds kinda low. As fish grow, they often become more particular about what they eat. You might try a good branded food, like Aquamax or Optimal, and see if it makes any difference. I know it's more expensive, but that makes more sense than buying generic that doesn't get eaten.

Best of luck!

Last edited by anthropic; 03/14/16 10:49 PM.

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160