The contractor is starting on Monday. YIKES!

LakeDoctor & Mark & Everyone else: Thanks for the advice! \:\)

Also, the regional fisheries biologist called me back. I can get it stocked for an application fee of $25 plus $1 per acre. Will include Bluegill, Redear, Largemouth Bass, and Channel Catfish. I think I may ask them to go lighter on the channel cats than normal and delay adding the Largemouths a bit.

I asked him about fathead minnows and he indicated the bluegills should provide plenty of forage. Fatheads are pretty inexpensive though and I wouldn't be opposed to buying some if it would help get other fish off to a flying start. What do you guys think?

Also, I think I will put in gravel/etc. for a stream bed and add some smallmouth bass and a few hybrid stripers - where can I get those in southern/southcentral Illinois? I like crappie, but I'm not going to stock them in this pond. I have them in a couple other small ponds and will just leave them there.

I'll also end up getting a fish feeder. Probably a Stren.

I'd like to be able to easily regulate the water level by drawing water off near the bottom. I want to say that the dam will be 200 feet thick at the bottom. I've read about a PVC based siphon system (works automatically?) and about stringing some fire hose over the dam. Recommendations? How do you keep the pond end from plugging off?

Thanks everyone!

Jeff

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]