Shorty, not that I know of. With the Castle Law I have the right to carry a pistol in my vehicle.

I think I have only one bunch running around on my place and adjoining ones. But, there is a lot of property(heavily wooded) owned by out of State people. Others, like me, don't live there but weekend on our places. Across the road from me is a 1,000 acre place owned by a guy in Dallas who I have never even seen, He's an investor.

The real point is that the darn things are almost completely nocturnal. And smart, really smart.

As far as charging to hunt, that's about the only source of income for a lot of landowners who had to sell their cattle during the drought.

Personally I want no part of letting armed strangers roam my land. Or anybody that I don't know very well. I have a house, ponds, lots of equipment, etc. And, I no longer believe that every one is honest.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP