Jimbo, full grown is a sliding scale. One of the problems you run into in a "small" tank is that the bulk of the fish is greater than the length in inches if you were to try to use generally accepted rules in keeping fish. In other words, it is often said that you can keep one inch of fish per gallon of water in an aquarium. That really applies to small tropical fish. Imagine trying to keep 100 inches of Walleye in a 100 gallon tank - not going to work! I think you should be concentrating on quality rather than quantity. If you could set up a natural looking tank with appropriate plants and rocks and have a few fish to replicate a natural lake bottom, I would think that would be a very special thing to have. Feeding smaller fish is also easier. I don't know why, but it seems to me that fish in captivity can consume an enormous amount of food. The larger they are the more important it is to have access to live food - freeze dried becomes too expensive to make sense, at least to me. Perhaps you will have to experiment to achieve the best results, but I would be a little conservative to start off with. Wish you were closer, it sounds like a fun project.
Jim