I have teens that night hunt my place at every opportunity. We see tracks and pics on game cams but that's all. I know they are there but never see them. They rooted along the face of my dam last year.

They are almost 100% nocturnal. I'm not but the teens are. Their results? Zero.

I have a hog trap with corn and other baits that they ignore. I can even leave the door open with a corn trail leading from the outside to the inside. they ignore it and eat the corn under the deer feeder 100 yards away.

A couple of years ago I knew there was a huge hog along my creek. A Pro trapper put out a trap with "sure thing" bait. The hog pushed the trap about 5 ft and ate the bait. The trapper left.

They can climb the sides of a trap. So, a neighbor used one with a top on it. He caught a spike buck that broke it's neck trying to get out. He's not entirely sure that he didn't break the law.

I thought about poison but that stuff can kill scavengers. If dead buzzards start showing up, I could do Federal time.

The pic in the article above shows hogs out feeding in the daylight. I've only seen that once in the last 20 years that we've had hogs. I doubt that I see a hog, even while driving backroads, over once every couple of years.

My Grandson killed a huge sow a couple of years ago while deer hunting. I think that's about 7 that we've successfully eliminated. I've killed 2 small ones. The first was about 10 years ago. If one is shot, they leave but always return later.

Obviously, TPWD has no answer but spends most of their time regulating deer hunting and fishing.

Eliminate or even control hogs? Good luck.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP