Originally Posted By: canyoncreek
Originally Posted By: John F
The consultant at Aquaben, Sandra, told me that Soilfloc can be used effectively at any water temperature as long as there is no ice near the application site.

TJ, any advice on whether there is a practical reason to do the application at a certain temperature vs another?

Jeff good question, and at this point I think it's fair to say treatment can be made at any temps above 40, and a distinct advantage applying in cooler water is that one is likely getting ahead of vegetation establishment, which can impact the efficacy of the treatment by preventing access to the pond bottom. If vegetation serves as a possible issue, targeting treatment when vegetation is either still dormant in Spring or dying in Fall would be my recommendation. In new or turbid ponds which lack established vegetation I feel timing of application is not a significant concern, but finding conducive application periods of low wind is the primary concern.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]