Originally Posted By: canyoncreek
After warm weather the last 2 days the pond ice is receding. I can see about 2 feet of my shore line now. I can see the water level and can see that over winter I probably did lose closer to a foot of water over the past 4-5 months. That much easily could be a very slow leak plus some evaporation. Very happy with how my first application went since I did it in mid September and had immediate results the first winter.

Even if I have a slow seep somewhere, that is fine with me since now in the spring I have a little room for the topping off effect of heavy spring rains.

TJ, how warm is 'warm enough' in the water to do my spring reapplication? I don't want to wait till May but also don't want to apply to frigid water when it doesn't work well either... Probably have just about 1 unit left to reapply to the whole pond.

Jeff, I was originally told by Aquaben the minimum water temp was 40, and they preferred warmer water as it helped accelerate the cross link expansion. They've also apparently instructed otherwise to some folks. All I can tell you is what has worked for me and others, so far all treatments were in water temps 40+. I think provided you're above that you're going to be fine. If you feel more comfortable waiting until you hit the 50-60 range, go for it.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]