I read the two links from Hickling's. They are mostly correct. I would not follow the advice given though.

For most here please note and put in your memory that stocking in northern climates is different than traditional southern stocking. BG are much more apt to stunt and become a serious problem in northern waters. Traditional southern stocking of BG and lots more forage many months/years before adding LMB is not a good recipe for northern ponds.

I would not use LMB in most small NY waters but it can be done (see Bob's work at Savannah Dhu). SMB are a better choice (see Bill's suggestions). An interesting choice after time when using YP , SMB , FH would be PS in small numbers. There are also a few northern forage species of minnows that might be sourced.

Single sex concepts are sound but very hard to do correctly. Most studies show that when trained fishery scientists try to id sex on many common pond species they are incorrect a good bit. It only takes one mistake to goof up the plan. That risk must be accounted for in planning or workarounds.

Last edited by ewest; 03/04/16 03:02 PM.