DD1,
Wind isn't a terrible issue if you are treating the dam. You just have to be sure the wind is blowing towards the dam base smile When I used the boat and hand spreader technique, I needed to coat the bottom of my whole pond evenly and even a slight breeze would take the floating portion and make one swath (about 4' wide swaths of product floating on top) merge slowly into the next swath and then the next swath. Some of it sinks pretty quickly some stays floating and sinks more slowly.

If you had light winds going toward the dam and you purposely started say in a boat in the middle or at least on the 1/3 of the pond closest to the dam and started applying at a distance and worked towards the base of the dam you would have overlapping swaths with wind helping to push more and more towards the dam base. Apply even swaths towards the shore at the base of dam, do the shoreline extra heavy, then maybe go back in the middle and do another series of overlapping passes towards the base of the dam again. You would most likely have a great application then.

Have others applied to base of dam that can give their advice or experience?