Perch egg hatching time will depend on the temperature you are incubating the eggs. Move the cooler into the gfarage or house and they will hatch faster. Hatching will take about 7 to 8 days at 55 to 60 degrees. AT 70 degrees it will take about 4 to 5 days. Shorter time at 75 deg.

Unless I am missing something, I don't see how you can do water exchanges by pumping water and not pump the fry out of the container. Fry have very limited if any swimming ability against current of any type. Pump intake will gather most zooplankton in shallow water at night or real cloudy days. Many zooplankton tend to be negative photo sensitive. Deep during day shallow at night. Also many zooplktn (&fish fry)are attrached to light at night.

PLankton nets are fairly expensive; depending on style $50 to $90.

Sure you can see my "perch raising operation". Real high tech operation over here in Malinta. Fry in a 1.5 gal bucket w/bubbler. I hatched a 4" section of perch eggs as a demonstration for a 11 year old. Not much to see, but you are welcome. I can show you just how small perch fry are. Mine are 4 days old on Apr 23.
Bring along a 1" or 2" section of Thursdays egg strand and I will show you what perch embryos look like at 12X to 40X magnificaton.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management