TJ,
In your experience, will the product not work as well in water that already is very clear? My water happened to have stirred up clay in it due to unwanted goldfish rooting in the mud and wanted crayfish also digging around for food. That set up a good gathering of suspended silt as the product sank.

I'm sure you applied this to ponds that were very clear already?

If Setterguy has too clear of water could he perhaps ask his buddy to drop his bass boat in there and roar around the pond a few times to get the bottom stirred up and then apply when the silt is suspended? Or use a trashpump and hose to power-hose the bottom in the shallows on a day with a breeze and see if the breeze moves the suspended silt through the water table before applying product?

Even a jet ski making a few laps around a small pond should stir the bottom up a bit? I've seen youtube videos of people holding the front end of a jet ski while standing in a small above ground intex pool and using it to drain the pool in a hurry (or use it as a giant water cannon to drench the neighbors...)