SB,

Mark is mostly right, a four foot depth is easy to work with. I have learned a lot about solar and will have both AC and DC power available out at the Topias so I can move water far more easily. This give me advantages in seining and setup. I currently use more time than I would like to get things done because of the current depths. But now at only four feet, I can use my seine far more practically and if need be, I can seine solo. I am also setting the Topias up to be a little narrower and longer. This should make it easier to work them.

About plants, I ha not thought about potted plants. They might be something to look into. I like using nature to get things done, so I am intrigued. I do not plan on loading the Topias as high as I have in the past. I would like to see if I can find the right balance.

Finally, I intend to install drain pipes to allow extra water to drain into the big pond. They do not need to be big pipes, but just having them should protect the newer ponds from rains and fills.

Brian

The one thing is the one thing
A dry fly catches no fish
Try not to be THAT 10%