This 3.5 acre E. Texas pond was started fourteen months ago with its first stocking of FHM's, CNBG and RES. Supplemental stocking 11 months ago with additional RES and FHM's, along with a first stocking of Red Swamp crawfish and Tilapia. Seven months ago pond was stocked with TFS and 300 Overtons CBLMB (Texas legacy LMB fingerlings). Pond has 3 Texas Hunter feeders (used for feeding the CNBG, FHM's and Tp). Our lmb forage plans have been steered towards Gregg Grimes writings here on this forum, and from the information that was provided @ this past PB conference and with recommendations from Todd Overton. The ponds forage was stocked, with the plans of having a couple of spawns prior to introducing the lmb. Water has been fertilized and maintained its Sochi dish reading @ 18"+-. And the pH has been maintained at or around 8.4. Surface water temp has been running most recently @ 52 degrees.
Overtons Fisheries has been requested to do an Electroshock survey and we are waiting on the water temps to rise before we start our survey. So here is where I would ask for your comments and or recommendations. Our goal, as many of you know, is to grow some large LMB. And to have as many as possible in this 3.5 acre pond. So, what would you look for in this E shock survey? What surface water temp would you look for to start your survey? E shock before the spawn or after the lmb spawn? Would the survey effect the spawning of the lmb, if performed prior to the spawn? And how many large lmb would you expect a pond like this to support? Our weather had a warmer fall and winter this past year and we are hoping for an additional spawn in the CNBG. One more thing, 50 7" HSB were added to the pond this past fall. I hoped this might take some of the future fishing pressure off the lmb. These can be reduced or removed through fishing if we decide to at a later date.
Thanks for thoughts smile

Tracy

Last edited by TGW1; 02/13/16 10:14 AM. Reason: add on

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy