Great news Brian - I'm really glad your water has responded to Rex's treatment. Sigh of relief, glad you can finally start enjoying the full potential of your pond!

If you need APW I have it in abundance up here. If you're ever up this way you are welcome to take some seeds with you, or maybe I could mail some down your way in August which I think is when they historically start seed development.

In my experience, macrophytes will establish themselves naturally and it's rather a crap shoot on what you'll see. With your improved clarity I'll wager you see some action this season. Not a bad idea, however, to nudge the process along in the direction you want by planting certain cultivars - as if beneficial vegetation gets established first it can out compete less desirable ones. I got lucky with my APW and Arrowhead and some rushes and sedges I really like, unlucky with coontail and chara. I now treat the latter to help encourage the others to keep the upper hand, but everything has it's season and it's important to remain vigilant. Let me know if I can help, and congrats again on the great looking water.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]