Originally Posted By: Zep
basslover....I wonder in the future when some of these devices come down in price if someone could attach these units to or drop them down from buoys strategically located in their pond and be sitting inside their lake side cottage in their recliner reading temps and where the fish are in their pond, etc...? Do you know how often the batteries have to be changed out?

https://buydeeper.com/

Zep -

There is no battery in factory design to replace. It is recharge only. Lasts 4 hours then recharge via USB cable. You can't charge it safely as you unscrew it into two halves (thereby breaking the waterproof seal). But you can buy replacement covers (top half of unit) in colors visible for nighttime fishing/study. I'm going to drill a hole in replacement cover, run USB cable, seal it with silicone, and then build a float that will contain an external battery pack that the USB cable will plug into. All small enough that my remote controlled boat will be able to pull around the pond. I want to test if I can have a Deeper always be on essentially. Although it will shorten the battery lifespan I'm sure.

But you could have two or more Deepers, one in the water and one set aside charged ready to be deployed. A remote controlled boat helps move it to where you want it. You also could set up a remote desktop connection to a tablet with WiFi enabled so the tablet is within Bluetooth range and the laptop within range of your homestead so you can sit and monitor the unit(s) remotely.