Originally Posted By: Zep
Originally Posted By: basslover
Update 30 January 2016:

Began using the Deeper Fishfinder in our pond.
Some things I find useful;
- water temperature
- depth finder (duh! LOL)
- fish finder (also shows in small, medium and large fish)
- identify structure and cover in water
- tow it, mount it, sling it, cast it
- records history of data you can playback later
- use location services to map the body of water
- allows you to use the camera to take pictures of the body of water

That's pretty cool basslover.

Really like the bluetooth smart-phone/i-pad feature.

Zep -

Yes the bluetooth comm means no more cords smile

Pair it with a tablet for a larger view or your smart phone. A waterproof container makes sense... wink

I've been using it to map out where I fish. In the yak it is easier to use than a higher end finder that requires a mount and battery juice. Oh so when fully charged you get about 3.5 hours of usage with Deeper.

There are plenty of independent reviews of Deeper that compare it to mounted fish finders that cost $500 and up, and reviews are favorable that Deeper is accurate on depth, fish, and structure.

Note that I had "Fish Icons" selected, so the fish icons are just that - icons. You can change the settings to show the actual size of the fish instead of the icons which breaks fish into one of three size categories. I'll try to upload a shot with the size of the fish instead of the icon.

The app has the lunar calendar, weather reports, etc. So you really have a lot of information available to you. And the app doesn't require Deeper to give you that info. You can run the app without Deeper.

Also the app supports multiple units.

Anyways, if you fish and want a pocket size fish finder and water identifier or you want to check out what lies beneath the surface of your pond Deeper might be a good tool.