I fired up 2 of my 4 diffusers (the shallow ones) late Friday afternoon to get some open water due to a few weeks of snow cover and they still haven't blown through as of this morning (nearly 3 full days).

What's happened though is that it's opened up 2 small areas near the shoreline of the deep area, about 100-150' from each diffuser, where the air is now escaping.

I normally do as Bill Cody suggests, drilling holes above the diffuser but I got impatient on Friday and it was getting dark, so I just started them up.

Now I have all these things running through my mind of what's being stirred up with no place to go other than being trapped below the ice until it escapes near the shoreline. And of course it's now not safe to get on the ice to drill holes.

I'm tempted to shut them down, let it refreeze and go back out to drill holes. I know Bill Cody says he has no proof of how drilling the holes help, but taking the least path of resistance, I can't see where it wouldn't and it's always worked for me.

Worked so well I decided not to do it, I guess crazy

PS - the gauge on my compressor reads 5 cfm with both fully open. If I close one, it will be at over 10 unless I pull a hose to release pressure.

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES