Basslover: The stream that enters my property is gin clear unless it is a substantial rain, then it turns the orange/brown color you see in the pic. I know color isn't the only key, but from what I can tell, the stream enters my property from a confluence of several things; my neighbor's pond behind me, a spring at the base of the ridge about a 1/2 mile behind me, and a drainage ditch from 2 other neighbors behind me on the other side. Assuming they aren't dumping anything toxic into their drainage ditches, other than some oil dripping from a car, I think it most of it is fairly benign. I don't plan to eat any fish I stock, but I do plan to regularly have the water tested, once I do have it impounded. The neighbor with the pond behind me, it is a very old farm pond. He has 5 head of cattle that occasionally graze near it, so that might be a small issue. Because of the way it was designed, I can't be sure, but I think it's unlikely much of his fish would wash down. He has LMB, BG, CC. I'm perfectly fine if any of those do wash in. I've looked at as many maps I could find. The tree cover keeps you from really being able to tell about previous water retained. Any link you know of to access older than about 5 year old satellite imagery? Thanks again for your replies.