Originally Posted By: canyoncreek
What is the background of why your (former) friend decided to bring the trailer there? Maybe if you understand the motive it would help you and us know how to react..

Was it his responsibility to remove the trailer from its original place by a certain deadline? And because he couldn't meet the deadline he needed to scramble and place it somewhere (anywhere) to meet the deadline? Did he intend to notify you that he was parking it there temporarily and just couldn't get ahold of you prior to the truck making the delivery?

Was it a practical joke?

Was it an awkward attempt at 'getting you back' for something trivial that inconvenienced him in the past?

Did you say (half heartedly) at some point in casual conversation that if anyone needed a place to go with something that you have plenty of room 'out back' and then he took you up on it?

What did he intend for you to do with it, scrap it?

You don't have to give all the details, but it is strange enough to have someone dump anything on your property without telling you... much less a huge mobile home and all the logistics of getting it hauled and positioned on your property and then left there.

What is it worth in its current condition? Or for scrap value? If you ask to be reimbursed for damages and that is more than the scrap value of the mobile home your friend may just say fine, keep it and then you would be hard pressed to use the actual item for collateral with out an expensive small claims court case.

Never ever have gave anyone the idea this would be OK. The delivery was supposed to be made to a neighboring property and their access was not prepared enough to allow entry. So the Delivery company and other Property owner scouted out my place were they made the decision to leave it. Never was consulted or contacted be either party in the months leading up to this. Did not find out the what was going on until the mobile home moving company called me after police investigation had begun. It appears they found out by another company that had been contacted that police were involved and then decided to call me.
Trailer is not in good shape at all and I understand it is supposed to be temporary housing for property owners daughter that husband was arrested and is rehab. With her having a six year old child and these difficulties I will not be preventing the home from being removed from place.

Last edited by Tums; 01/22/16 01:17 PM.