Originally Posted By: RUMBLON
Originally Posted By: Bill D.
Here's what I did. I wanted a little storage space as well so it is bigger than need be. It's built elevated for ease of maintenance, to keep the pump up out of water (standing water can occur in this area of my property) and to keep critters from burrowing underneath to make homes. To insure good ventilation, the floor is constructed with spaces between each board and the side walls only go up as far as required to get under the eaves. BTW, you can buy small pump enclosures with ventilation fans built in. You can see an enclosure like that in my pics actually sitting inside the pump house.

Bill, very nice work. I was thinking something similar due to potential snow depth up here.

Thanks for the kind words. FWIW, using a couple of landscape timbers and 4 lag bolts, I added a rack for a canoe last fall. This summer I will add a small section of floor across the covered portion of the landscape timbers for some additional storage. Also added a set of flood lights at the peak (wish they were higher). Sorry the picture is a little crooked (blame it on my bride the photographer. smile )

Attached Images
Canoe Rack.JPG
Last edited by Bill D.; 01/11/16 02:24 PM.

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!