Originally Posted By: Lovnlivin
Wow, absolutely stunning!

Do you have a home or cabin near that BOW?

Old camper?

Tent?

At least a lawn chair?

grin

Keith -

Thank you. It is very serene and peaceful. You hear only the wild things - no leaf blowers, no cars, no voices, nada. Turkey, deer, coyote, birds of prey, and the sound of our lures hitting the water. smile

So I have worked my arse off out here the past 3 years and some of that work includes clearing three areas for camping. We've got an overlook about 50 feet above the pond that I clear cut minus a few strategic trees utilized for hanging camping items and it's a nice view down to the water. I need to build the planned pulley system so that we can send stuff down and up instead of walking back and forth.

At the deep end I cut down some trees near a large natural rock area and this year I hope to build the platform we can lay out on, sit on, set camping chairs or sleeping bags or even a tent, etc. I'm a fan of Mother Nature so I don't want to build anything monstrous or too human like that will detract from the scenery. The view looking down to the pond and across it is spectacular though so I know other family members will enjoy a simple flat platform.

I have cut two trails around the pond - one high and one water's edge. This year I hope to do at least one of three controlled burns to help regenerate some forest growth and remove too many years of leaf litter.

On the shallow end I have also cleared out a campsite / sitting area so again you can look across the pond and enjoy the view.

We have kicked around ideas for an A-frame cabin above the pond and a bunker dug into the hillside. I have cleared much of the area for the cabin but no work has been done on the actual cabin.

And remember, ALL of this has been human horsepower, Keith. Handsaw, ax, rake, etc. No gas or battery powered tools have been used aside from screwing in the decking screws on the dock (used battery powered drill for deck, but socket wrench for the spax bolts used in supports).