Most guys will tell you if your water temps are 50 to 55 your D.O. is still mixed quite well and they would just turn on there air and let it go. There are 2 fears here more then any.

1. You don't want to super cool your pond, which your not going to do at water temps of 50 to 55.

2. You don't want to turn your pond over with your air on if the bottom half of your pond has no D.O. in it.... Which (should not) be the case either at water temps of 50 to 55.

The go easy into it start up procedures are from what I understand for old ponds that have never seen air before and for ponds with water temps in the questionable range for total D.O. mixture. (IE 65 to 70 + water temps.)

As Bill would tell you warm water holds near half as much D.O. as cold water so turning your air on and leaving it on in colder water 50 to 55 (should not) not have near the same ill effect as if you did it at say 70 to 80 water temps. Notice his first 2 words. (It Depends) smile You just never know what may or might happen....

Basically the higher your water temps the more careful you need to be when kicking your air back on.

I am no expert by any means this is just how I understand it. If your just not really sure going slow for a couple weeks with your air isn't going to harm anything just to be on the safe side.

Last edited by RC51; 01/06/16 10:46 AM.

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!