My thanks goes out to everyone that posted here. My plans are still emerging here. A learning process For Shure. And lots of good information here. I really like bouncing things around. Here is where I am with this. Pond heavily stocked with CNBG and RES. Pond had at least thousand Tp that are now dying.(took pressure off the cnbg and res) Tp produce a lot of forage for the feeding the lmb Pond also has some crawfish up to 5". Thread fin shad(10,000) originally but have no idea how many are there today. Pond forage reduced due to Tp die off, leaving reduced forage till April. Suggested solution is RBT. There is no dought, where RBT and LMB come together the lmb grow larger. But, as Al pointed out RBT are not cheap and have to be replaced yearly, Tp are replaced yearly also but they reproduce forage like nothing else can. I would recommend Tp to all who can have them. Going back to the trout, if a 3.5 acre pond can hold 80 to 100 XL LMB(based on Basslovers post) how many trout would be necessary for building weight on lmb? Lets say XL lmb eats 2 per week. Per fish for 20 weeks that would be 2,000 trout per year. Life span of a lmb from 6lbs to 15lbs Whoa!! Not Cheap!! Crappie are looking better as I speak. And esshup suggest culling lmb in a clear pond, but in a fertilized pond, our site fishing is reduced to 18" visibility, making site fishing not so easy. In my plans of reducing male lmb, I have come to realize, sight fishing for males only, will not be as easy as I had originally planned. Crappie may be looking better for reducing lmb yoy. Al, I think you are suggesting, where I am at for now. Watch and see for the next few yr's. Thanks for bouncing things around here guys. smile

Tracy

Last edited by TGW1; 01/04/16 10:08 AM. Reason: sp

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy