Originally Posted By: Bill Cody
Good discussion. Fish Food has a lot of good ideas to share. Thanks. I like the breakdown of optimum ingredients for the several pond fish categories of Big BG, Mainly LMBass, and Feed the Family/Community. Hybrid striped bass and yellow perch are sometimes thought to require slightly different ingredients for optimum growth AND longevity. I have been told that YP are best suited for a diet similar to salt water fish. Fish Food do you have any literature about this?

Longevity after fast growth to adulthood is a new concern for the sport fish pond enthusiasts. Do you know of any specific literature on this topic??

Thank You for your interest!

Do HSB take pellets well? They are a lot of fun to catch! Again it would depend on the pond owners goals. For good growth and a good life expectancy for these fish the Trophy Bluegill diet would work well. If you want off the chart growth the other diet would work best.

Unfortunately I don't know of any published literature on the subject. That's the main reason I talk about it. As I mentioned earlier life cycle studies would be very costly and time consuming. Many would have to be done due to varying genetics. The cost and scale required to get valid information is simply overwhelming.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, Give a man a bank and he can rob the world.