Fireishot,Al I feel your pain frown losing any lmb over 10 lbs out of your pond would Suck. And Bill D. we see some of the same ideas. One of the biggest problems in LMB ponds (if I understand it) is to many lmb in a pond reduces forage fish and cause stunting of lmb. Crappie spawn before lmb (in a normal yr) then feeding on lmb fry, and that may reduce the number of lmb fry, which may reduce overcrowding of lmb. But in a good crappie spawning yr, it may improve the number of 6 to 10" crappie forage for feeding XL CBlmb. This would also reduce the pressure off of the OTS CNBG which may increase size and numbers of cnbg for feeding the XL CBlmb. You would have to continue feeding the CNBG or cnbg might stunt. And Mr. Cody, and esshup, I was not thinking of having just crappie for forage, but for additional forage in the 8 to 10" size to feed XL lmb. I am also thinking of the shape of the crappie verses the shape of a 10" BG. I think of a recent picture from Flame of his dinner plate CNBG and I think of Al(fireishot). The shape of a 10" crappie looks like it might slide down the lmb easier than swallowing a dinner plate shaped bg. I also think Shorty is correct in his findings. But the crappie still looks easier to swallow over a Flame or Condello sized BG. And Rainman, I agree about the Tilapia for lmb forage, they are great, but again to my original statement, the Tp are not in the pond five months of the yr. The crappie might survive providing a larger forage all year. And Frank, I agree with you, but like Tp, trout are in our ponds for a short time, and I may add GSD as my Legacy CBLMB grow to the 6 lb range(predicted in just another yr or so) but I can't eat gizzards but I can eat crappie smile
So, as Bill Cody has said, little information on such things here, And so keeping this in mind, how would one might approach this? Would hyb crappie be a way to approach this or will they revert back to just crappie? Is it possible to select sex of a crappie, like Shorty does with RES? Any idea's here? I am thinking out loud here guys

Tracy

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy