Guys, I can only tell you of the food plots on my place and how the deer relate to these plots. The deer are in the food plots every day. The cereal grains like winter wheat, Elbon rye and Winter oats are what I plant each fall, along with reseeding some clover plots. These food plots are hit every day 365. If I knew how to post wild game camera pics to this site, I could show pics of some real nice bucks and does along with 5 to 7 month old fawns. After planting for several yr's now, I have learned what they like best at my place, and that reduces the time and cost of planting. The deer also hit the old growth clovers now but the primary feeding in the clover is early spring, Late Feb through May and June. My spring and summer food plots are of Eagle brand soybeans, iron clay peas mixed in with Sunn Hemp. all of this is put behind efenceing till It grows to 2 feet and then opened to the deer. Usually opened in June. This feeds through October. And then it all starts over again. I think snrub has more knowledge of growing than I will ever know of. but I really love the food plotting. smile
PS, I think Dave is right, the deer prefer browse, its there primary food stuff.
Tracy

Last edited by TGW1; 12/31/15 08:06 AM. Reason: additions

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy