Originally Posted By: Bill D.
I'm going to experiment with a fluidized bed filter using the media JKB is sending me. I figure on using either rosey reds or goldfish as the guinea pigs. If the gold fish get to large I figure I can always bucket stock them into Bob O's pond while he's in Florida! grin

I just picked up some different boxes today, so I'll send it out tomorrow when I go to the butcher shop for lunch tomorrow. They have some amazing brisket and awesome smoked red skin tater salad. The green beans swimming in butter with copious amounts of bacon ain't bad either. Hey, the doc said my cholesterol is darn near perfect, so live it up!

I'll print you out a PDF I have with some application info that might help. One thing they don't mention in the PDF is the specific gravity is 0.96.

It will be interesting to see what you come up with.

I started about 2.5 cubic feet in the basement last week. I used ammonia that Cecil mentioned (thanks!!), added salt and let it cook to get the temp up a bit, then inoculated with bugs (bacteria) yesterday. They should take to the media to speed things up a bit. If it works, I'll post the methodology I used.

Oh yeah, 1st full day back in my office today, after 27 months. Looking at 2 huge bookshelf's, mostly outdated material. Asked the boss why the heck we still have this stuff? That's reference material for you. Said most of it is junk like a 1991 fluid power directory, and most of those companies have been bought and sold, maybe even a couple times over. I said, I could put a nice aquarium or two there. He said sort thru it and get a couple guy's to fill the dumpster. Yey! Office makeover time!

Seriously, when I had my shop and all this stuff became available in PDF format, I filled the dumpster years ago.