Shan,

I stocked last July, and by own admission I know that these species of fish could back fire on me in the future (as they grow in size). I feel that since my pond is smaller in size (one Acre) I could control their numbers by fishing and cull when needed.

In recent weeks I have allowed some fishing in the pond to take a few of the larger fish out (NO BASS), but not to many (to early). I keep records of catches and to that end, plan to keep a close eye on the ponds maturity.

I have listened very well to the experts and have applied their knowledge where I can. I did state in an earlier post that I am hard headed in some areas and do what I feel is right, but I am always open to your input. I am no expert, just a guy that owns a pond and listens.

Bob Lusk has stated on this sight that the more predators one has in his pond the more difficult it will be to balance, ie. the right amount of food for the right amount of fish (Not a direct quote), so I know I have my work cut out for me. All I can do is keep a close eye on the pond by keeping records of catches, cull when needed and listen to guys like you.

Thanks, Newbee