Originally Posted By: TGW1
Spark, I agree about the blood, if I walk on the property. I know I will be bleeding sooner or later. Someone will always say "you are bleeding" and I say "I know".

Tracy

Yep. Don't misunderstand, I am all in favor of working smarter rather than harder. Still, there is a certain supreme satisfaction I gain from just wading in and going at it. Maybe, were I financially able, I might get the same satisfaction from signing the paycheck at the end of a hard day of watching someone else sweat. After all, they would be implementing my ideas and my vision. But it doesn't seem quite the same.

I need to sweat and bleed, in order for the improvements to provide me the greatest satisfaction. That's me putting my stamp on it, making it mine. Anyone can write a check.

As part of our remodel project, I mixed concrete yesterday. 40 bags, 80 lbs apiece, mixed in a wheelbarrow, rolled in, poured and finished, by myself. I could've had a truck bring it out for a small fortune, or rented a mixer, or even asked for help. But then it wouldn't have been mine. I need to own it, not so much in the financial sense, but as a matter of pride.

If I think it's possible for me to do something, I'm going to try. I do recognize that I simply don't know how to do everything I need done, and will grudgingly hire those jobs out. But you can bet I'll be watching when the contractor shows up to do his/her part.

Sounds strange I'm sure. Just another, curious perspective. smile

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.