Dragging the brush out by hand is a pain. Maybe I can hire a neighbor with a tractor to help drag some of it. The huge brush pile with 10 inch thick logs (not firewood species) from dozing the 30 to 40 years of growth off the pond banks is something I don't want to deal with again, if it can be avoided. I had to cut them up and burn them again after the first burn fully cooled. I really had no choice with the brush and trees there, to make the pond viable again. That old D-R brush mower I have is an amazing beast, and will deal with all the brambles once I get all the wire and small trees out. It literally pulverizes blackberry bushes and all types of vines into little pieces, and keeps on going. It cuts from the front, and I can run it way up under a rose bush or overhanging blackberries, and cut them off. One of the rose bushes had bases almost three inches in diameter and branches over 15 feet tall. The dozer took that one out for me last summer. Fortunately none of the others were/are nearly that big. Here is a pic of the area I already cleared of vines behind the fence row with the D-R. The fence row is on the right. Property line on the far left.

I have a straight shaft trimmer with a three sided brush blade. The frontal cutting D-R brush mower makes it look like a kid's toy in comparison.

BTW, the pond area is clean now after dozing. I can easily maintain it with the D-R.

Attached Images
DSCN4047.JPG
Last edited by John F; 12/20/15 09:01 PM. Reason: added sentence