Originally Posted By: BWHolmgren
Will short periods of frozen surface, say 1-2 weeks at a stretch, hurt floating docks? Would it be a good idea to leave one diffuser running under the dock? I live in West-Central MO, and we get a frozen surface from time to time, but normal no long snow accumulation on the ice. Thanks!

I'm not that far from you and leave a 12x16 floating portion of our dock in. Has been through two winters and I can not see where it has been hurt.

I also thought about leaving a diffuser running under the dock but never did it. I figured if I did that, would also need to keep a diffuser also going near the bank somewhere (my floating dock is 80' out in the water attached to a fixed dock) or my dock would become home to all sorts of water foul and animals to get a drink.

Gave up on the idea mostly because there would be no one home in the winter that would take enough interest to make sure the system keeps going. People are around, just no one interested in fish. So my fish and dock just have to fend for themselves during winter months.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine