I live on a 10 year old 250 acre man made private lake in central Florida. It was originally stocked by allowing the water in from a larger fully stocked lake. So, we have a great variety of fish including LMB, gar, black crappie, brim, golden shiners, threadfin shad, gizzard shad, glass minnows, and a few different catfish.

The man made lake was built to sell homes and most of lake drops off very quickly from shore to about 8 feet at the end of the docks. The HOA chemically treats the lake regularly to remove the weed growth and the lake has very little fishing pressure but has signs all over saying catch and release only.

The brim population is very low because of the quick dropoff and lack of weeds that make them easy targets for the LMB. One other reason for the low population of brim is that the local bass club (including myself when I did not know better) over the last 10 years have added about 750 adult LMB from 14 to 25 inches into the lake. I do realize that the lake needs brim to be stocked into it annually but have yet to be successful getting the support for the purchase of brim.

I have a TH fish feeder that I use 2 times per day (1 hour after sunup and 1 hour before dark)and would like to know what is the most affordable and best feed to utilize to help grow the brim, increase their spawning, to provide forage and as a predatory source for the bass eggs in spring.

I currently have a source for some Aquafeed, 50 pound bags of floating pellets 32% protein (not certain of the fat content) at $26 per bag delivered. I have been told that 32% protein is not enough as a supplement to grow these fish and increase their reproduction. This gentleman was trying to sell me some $59 per bag brand that was 45% protein and 14% fat. Thanks for your assistance in recommending the right feed and why!

FLORIDA BOAT: 2016 Ranger Z519, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Atlas 6" hydraulic jack plate, Minn Kota Fortrex 112, Humminbird Helix 12SI Mega, Humminbird Helix 12SI, dual 8' power poles, livewell pumpout