I still have a hard time calling it "deer management". At least from a private, landowner's perspective. From the state's point of view, I certainly get where regulations and rules can have an impact, but the notion of an individual improving the herd to any appreciable degree ,while simultaneously expecting to be the hunter able to reap the benefits of his/her actions, seems pretty far fetched. Possible maybe, but certainly far from a sure thing.

And once again, when practiced by an individual, is it truly management benefitting the herd as a whole, or is it simply management intended to produce trophy bucks, as well as an attempt to encourage those same bucks to stay put, and not wander as much?

In Indiana, the state considers a 6" BG to be harvestable and acceptable. Obviously they are not concerned with trophy production, but rather overall population. Does the state manage for trophy deer, or is it just population numbers, like those bluegills?

If that be the case, then wouldn't an individual implementing a management program of his/her own be setting themselves up for disappointment, in light of the fact that state rules and regs may actually be detrimental to their own plans?

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.