Sparky, my private pond is manageable to some degree. In comparison, low fence properties do not make a manageable deer herd. But as a property owner you can assist in improving "The Deer Herd". Studies have been made where improvements of property, such as cover, available food and water can increase the deer's size by as much as 35% in just 3 years, and will improve the numbers you will keep on your property. And with some of those deer, they may not leave the property except for short term ventures. This might make him open to the public. But, As much as 85% of a bucks life time he will stay in an area he calls his home or his core area. We have watched bucks grow up on the property and we will go through a time where he will not be seen on the property (during the rut) and then we will see him back on the property. Hopefully he will make it through the season and the night hunting poachers, if he does, it kinda of makes it worth the time money and labor of low fence management. Ha, it's not a perfect deal, but if you enjoy the outdoors and wildlife, it's worth it to me.

Tracy

Tracy

Last edited by TGW1; 12/06/15 09:43 AM. Reason: sp

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy