A couple of thoughts.

I have no experience with hybrid cats. But, I doubt that they would be that much difference than CC's. Faster growing? Possibly since there would be no gonadal development or spawning stresses. But, like hybrid bluegills, they just might pull off a limited spawn. Like CC's, the young would probably not escape predation from bass or BG.

Fish in ponds can become hook shy with too much fishing pressure. What is too much? I don't know and all ponds are different. And the species doesn't seem to matter. A 10 pound bass on the wall had been hook shy it's whole life until it made a mistake.

I have 2 big cc's in my pond, out of 125, that were stocked 10+ years ago. For the first couple of years I had some fish dinners but as their numbers declined they seemed to get smarter. If I ever hook one it will be surprising. They come to feed but if I try fishing, while feeding, with live bait under a cork they tail slap the cork and quit feeding. But hook avoidance isn't unusual in older fish of any species. Heck, I have had some huge bluegills that were world class bait avoiders.

Yes, the cats do seem to become an apex predator but so do all large fish. I quit worrying about this stuff years ago and just try to enjoy it. No matter what you do, Mama Nature can also throw a curve ball.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP