Originally Posted By: Bill D.

Update,

Here are a few pics of what we did for erosion control. Finally, making some progress. smile We have the rip rap in the waterways where they access the pond (I think I got the idea from Snrub?). The rest of the waterways was seeded and covered with erosion mat. You can also see the rip rap we put around the shoreline on the northern half of the pond for erosion and habitat. There is heavy fabric under the stone in the waterways and on the shore. The remaining shoreline will be intermittent areas of native stone and marginal plants as that area does not see much erosion.

I let the pond go to low pool for the work. At full pool only a foot or so of the rip rap will show on the shore.

Update...

Missed my guess a little on how much rip rap would be above the water line at full pool. Here is a pic taken today of the East Shore for comparison to the previous pic. The 6 foot wide band of rip rap came up short. Looks like I need to add another couple feet. If you look at the left side of the pic you can see a boulder on the point as reference point to how much the level changed from the previous low pool East Shore pic.

I am hoping small crawfish, tiny fingerlings and any other small forage will find refuge and thrive in all that rip rap. smile

Attached Images
East Shore Full.jpg East Shore Low Pool.jpg
Last edited by Bill D.; 11/14/19 03:42 PM.

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!