Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
Per Mike Otto, vegetation density and type and type of rain event can make a huge difference in the amount of runoff from watershed. Plus you have soil moisture content...I agree, there's multiple variables which can impact amount of runoff created during precipitation event.

Jeff, I have a client who just installed a 40 GPM solar well for his pond. I am working on a quote for my ponds, too, and will share what I learn with with forum. Can you imagine free water for life [once the install cost is covered]? Apparently major advances have been made with solar pumps and panels since the last time I researched this topic. Had this been an option for me 9 years ago when I popped my well I would have elected to go that route and save myself a ton on running electricity 1/2 mile to my farm.

That sounds interesting. I do have a very small leak, but if I could just counter the evaporation I'd be happy.
Please let me know how it goes.
Thx

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023