+1 on that! Very nice tilapia! I had a few nice ones a bit smaller that were floating in the chilly water last week. There has to be some good minds on the forum that can teach us how to catch more of these!

I had a thought... tell me if I'm crazy? They seem to know where it is warm as I see them in the shallows on the warm side of the pond trying to bask in the sun when the water is chilly.

If one located a big IPC tote (275 gallons) and set it in the shallows with the top just barely above water. And then devised some type of narrow entrance to get in like a minnow trap has. Then if one put a heat source in the tank to keep the tank water warm would they find their way in? Obviously if the fish can get in, some of the warm water would flow out too but if the majority of the tank kept warmer than the outside pond water would they not stay in the warm water where you can net them out?

You could may have a tunnel with some right angles that they could swim through that would help keep the warm water from flowing out too quickly?

Tilapia filets always are on the menu with me smile