I'll wade in on this, but please know I have no experience with hybrid catfish. I am unsure if they will produce viable offspring. In my opinion however, whenever you stock any hybrid fish capable of reproduction you run a certain risk. That's not necessarily a bad thing, it just means that you need to take steps to curtail reproduction. Maybe you could accomplish that by limiting nesting areas, as many times CC do not reproduce in ponds without intervention on the part of the pond owner. We have no CC reproduction in our ponds, but it can happen.

In that case, your task as pondmeister is to limit recruitment, most often accomplished by utilizing a predatory species as population control. Bass wreak holy terror on balls of yoy catfish.

If you're idea of utilizing hybrids is one of dump em' in and forget em', you may not like what the outcome is. If you're willing to take a hands on approach to management, you can reap the benefits of hybridization. We've had hybrid bluegills for almost 7 years, with no issues whatsoever.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.