Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
Floating dock should be fine, my always is, but it's pretty heavy duty built by the Herman Brothers. I doubt the ice depth you get there should pose any issues when it thaws, etc.

My YP also stopped feeding in the low 50s, no worries there.

Are you still leaking at the base of the dam?

Thanks TJ, I'll leave the dock in. I may try to ice fish for YP from it.
The leak at the base is still there. It's very very slow. No moving water. There is a wet spot right at the base, that actually is a small puddle. It's got some weird orange "something" growing in it. (Pretty stagnant)
I'm really watching the leak that was along side the pipe. The guys that put the pipe in, carried a bag of bentonite back to it and dumped it on top of the pipe.
When the water level was at its lowest, I dug under the pipe, and re-packed the bentonite in it.
Water is close to bottom of pipe, no leaking now.
I'd still like to add some of your polymers, if you ever have any "leftovers". wink
FYI, I went by my brother in law's pond last week. It's down about 6'. Serious leak. He thinks he's got too many weeds etc in the base of the pond for your polymers to work.. It looks like it would be perfect to me..

Last edited by SetterGuy; 11/28/15 03:22 PM.

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023