Originally Posted By: sprkplug
Originally Posted By: JKB
If esshup buzzes up here for RBT after hunting, and if he want's to haul them back, I'll just give you, or anyone all of the closed top barrels I have. Either had Sunny Delight or Dr. Pepper concentrate in them. Both 55G and 30G. Blue was Dr. Pepper and white was Sunny D. All rinsed out really well with the well water from my former shop.

The open top barrels are $15.00 ea, but that saves you the trouble of cutting the top off. Plus, it's really clean looking, and you can modify the lid to your pleasure without messing up the barrel.

Food for thought.

I bought another barrel for sap storage this year as well. Removeable, clamp type lid, and for once it didn't formerly contain a substance that was awful to scrub out. Dried chilies. Simple to clean, no odor. Lid has a replaceable seal, and they are liquid tight. Will probably switch out the other barrels for this type next season.

Spark - Yeah, those mostly contain solids of some sort and are internally lined, well, with a liner before they dump product in, so the liner contains stuff and the barrels are really clean.

Bought a few closed top that had liquid smoke, and that was like tar. Didn't know it at the time and got a half dozen for my sister, and two for my mom. When we got into that mess, I felt really bad, gave them their money back and sold them at an auction to a horse farm for a whole lot more than I paid. Auctioneer listed it as food grade, and was open to the public for personal inspection wink

Those barrels were the nightmare from the abyss!