Ok guys wow what a Saturday for me and son and my dad!! Here is the story!

My Son Noah has gone hunting with me since he was about 14. His first time out ever at age 11 he shot a nice little spike. I put him on some does when he was 13 and 14. He has killed them all with one good clean shot! Never really got him on anything decent and he kinda got bored of I guess and had other stuff on his mind (Mainly Girls) lol. Well this last year he said he wanted to go hunting again with his dad. Well just so happens I'm taking my dad also! I shot 2 nice bucks last year so I am trying to just have fun and pay it forward!! Fast Forward to Saturday!

Noah and I are in a nice wooden ground blind together. I told him to get ready cause around that 8 to 830 mark is a good window! Well at 7:50 a real nice deer cut across the road at about 150 yards. Heck he didn't stop at all he just walked right on by! We both thought it was a buck but was not sure! Well here in Arkansas were right on the rut season so I thought I would try to call it back around with a doe call. We waited and nothing, so I called again, about 10 minutes later all of a sudden at 85 yards this nice 9 point steps out on the side of the road. We both had our guns up and I told Noah nice buck shooter!! By then he was starting to cross the road pretty fast! I yelled out a baaaaaaaaaa at him and he stopped right in the middle of the road with the sun shining on him broadside!! Man is was a sweet looking picture!! I wish I was videoing!! Noah took the shot and the buck tucked his tail and turned right back around and went back in where he came from. We were knuckle bumping and high fiving and he was shaking like crazy!! LOL! He had the fever afterwards!! Even I was shaking some!! We were not sure what he was but we knew he was nice!!! Well Noah tracked him and we found him about 45 yards away nice clean shot!! It could not have gone any better!! What a day and memory with his dad and grandpa!! And all the other hunters at camp! Truly priceless!!!! I think he is hooked now!! smile One proud dad!!!

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!